Scrum is a framework for agile project management. It was originally developed in software engineering, but is independent of it. Scrum is now used in many other areas. It is an implementation of lean and agile development for project management. The curriculum consists of three seminars, which can be completed with an official certification exam.
In the Scrum Master Seminar you will learn how Scrum works. This seminar is the basis for everyone who wants to take on a role (Scrum Master, Product Owner or Developer) in a Scrum Team.
The Product Owner Seminar imparts the special knowledge to take on the role of Product Owner. The focus here is on the topics of how to build a product backlog in iterative steps, the advantages of formulating user stories according to the 3C principle and how to determine the benefits of user stories in order to correctly prioritize the product backlog.
In order to work successfully as an Agile Coach, you need a sound knowledge of when and why the agile approach is successful in projects. In this seminar you will get to know the background to successfully support the development of an agile mindset.
Examined will be the participants' abilities to "remember" the explained concepts and definitions and to "understand" them in such a way that they can be applied in practice.
Successful participants will receive an internationally recognized certificate issued by an independent body (Certible) to prove their acquired knowledge.
Depending on the seminar, the following graduation certificates can be obtained (details on the degrees can be found in the materials for download):
- Scrum Foundation
- Scrum Master
- Product Owner
- Agile Coach
- Trainers who want to do a certification examination after the seminar can order the corresponding examination documents formless by certification authority Certible. Costs are only incurred for the number of tests that are evaluated by Certible and not for the ordered ones.
- Self-study candidates or candidates with an exam voucher will find the information about the exam dates on the page of the Certification Authority Certible.
Domain Steering Committees (DSCs) consist of subject matter experts who ensure that the open curricula and the certification exams based on them are both theory-based and practical. The DSC for this topic consists of the following members, who are also pleased about your suggestions:
- Gerd Bauer; ITSM Expert; iXventiv, München (Speaker)
- Mike Boyle; Coach Agile Organisationsentwicklung; Procurro Solutions Ges.m.b.H., Vienna
- Dierk Söllner; Consultant, Trainer and Coach for IT Service Management and agile organizational development; Göttingen
- Prok. Ing. Hans-Jörg Steffe; (Aschauer IT&Business GmbH), Wien